Monday 2 April 2012

Oh my God! Another Bird!

Just when I thought my days of caring for birds are over, I have another one to care for, hahaha...A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I went over to her mothers place to get some things and we sat, had a chat and she told us about this bird that made a nest on one of her plants outside her garden.  It was a potted plant and wasnt big and tall at all, about 5 feet tall.  She showed us the nest and we watched from a distance.  The mother bird was a beautiful bird.  Sadly today the mother bird didnt come back to the nest, and when my friend's mum went to check outside, she saw lots of feathers on the floor and suspected a cat must have killed the mother bird and ate it.  Just to be sure, my friends mum waited the whole day observing the nest but she never came back, so she was quite certain the mother isnt coming back and its not a norm for the mother bird to leave the baby bird that long.

I got a call and my friend said, theres a baby bird, and I knew what it meant and so I said ok I am coming over..hahaha, so I picked the bird and its with me now in my home with its nest too!  The poor bird hasnt been fed since this morning and now it has been fed and now sleeping.  It is still a very young birds and dont have any feathers yet.  Hopefully I can raise it like how I raised Mr Bird and set it free.

Here are some pictures of the bird in its own nest.  While I was feeding it, I thought to myself, what a beautiful nest.  Its amazing what god's creatures can do.  Here is the baby bird.






No comments:

Post a Comment