Wednesday 18 April 2012

Found a home!

Remember the sheltie I rescued a couple of weeks ago?  While she was recovering at the vet, I was already thinking of where to place her and who would be suitable to take her.  At first I thought of taking her home, but then after thinking, I feel that she would be best be in a home where she would be the only dog so she can get all the attention in the world.  She lived in a cage all her life and was made to be a breeding machine, didnt have much human contact and affection, she will need someone who can give her time and make her trust humans again.

A few days ago I had someone called me about my pups but then he read about the shetie at the vet that I rescued and he asked if he could adopt it and give it a home. He told me about himself and his experiences with dogs and he was willing spend the time to make her a great pet.. So I think we have found her a home.  The person was willing to accept my conditions to adopt her and will keep me updated on a monthly basis, which is great.  I would have to speak to the vet about spaying her before she goes to her new home.

I visited her again yesterday, she is just getting better and better. I am going to visit her again now and speak to my vet about her and when she can go home.

I am already excited for her, she would be living up in the highlands!!!  How I wish I could stay there, where its nice and cool.  The weather is absolutely madness at the moment.  Its just too hot for me!!

Will keep you posted on how the sheltie girl is doing, have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a really too great news! She has a home! Looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete