Wednesday 7 September 2011

Whitley's Vet Visit

We took Whitley to the vet yesterday to get his rabbies vaccination done.  When we left the house, he was sleeping.  So I picked him up very slowly and gently and he sat on my lap in the car all the way to the vet.  He sat still occasionally looking out the window.  This is one thing I really love about shelties.  They are not crazy in cars.  They are all so well behaved.  I have seen dogs jumping about and barking during car rides.  Imagine if I have a few in the car and all behaving like that! hahaha....Thankfully all my shelties behave so well in the car.  None of them go crazy or bark.  You will find them looking out the window or sitting quietly till they arrive.  People are often impressed with their behaviour including my groomer when I send them all over for grooming and bath.  One of them is my champion, Blossom! I can put her at the front seat and she would just sit and look out the window! haha.

When Whitley arrived at the vet clinic, we got him weighed and he then got his rabies shot.  He made no fuss, he was very calm and didnt yelp or anything like that.  It was over in a few seconds.  The vet gave him a pat on his head and he wagged his tail.  Some dogs behaves differently  when they arrive at the vet, some become a wee bit scared, but Whitley, he had no fear at all.  He is a mighty prince after all!

Once we were done, we waited at the vet for awhile (normal procedure after the jab) to see if he reacts to the jab.  After that, we got the approval to leave and so we did.  Whitley rested his head on my chest and slept all the way home.

Fussel is doing well and happy to have dogs around him.  He is a very well behaved dog.  Whenever he wants attention, he would bark, but the way he bark is so 'polite' it is as if he was saying, please come and play with me rather than, come play with me now!  He is only 3 months plus and is superb with his toilet training.  He never once mess his pen during the night.  He is such a lovable boy.  Thats all for today, I shall go play with Fussel and Whitley now.

No comments:

Post a Comment