Saturday 28 January 2012

Anytime Now!

My dear Blossom is due to give birth anytime now.  For the past few days, she only ate half of what she has been eating.  Usually on the week that they are due to give birth they eat less but not all are the same.  Some would happily eat till the day they give birth.  They are all different and no dog is the same.

It is usually very exciting when pups are due, it can also be stressful not knowing when and worrying about the dog giving birth while I am sleeping.  However, being with dogs for so many years, I can somehow know when its time, whether I am sleeping or not!  I get this feeling inside that it is time and have been always right so far even without looking at the signs the dog is giving.

I remember one time a few years ago when Blossom gave birth to 6 pups, boy that was a very tiring time for me, as I have been on standby for three nights in a row and not sleeping too well.  Then when she finally gave birth at 2am, it lasted till 10am!  I was absolutely exhausted but happy that all is ok.  Her last litter was not too bad, quite fast, she gave birth at 3pm and the last pup was out before 9pm.

I hope she gives birth during the day, hahahha so I can focus and not half asleep, hahaha.  I shall post pictures once she has given birth.  I shall go and think of pretty names for them now.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment