Tuesday 31 May 2011

They are here!

When I woke up today at my usual time to feed the dogs, Daisy didnt want her breakfast. Then I knew it was time as it has been 24 hours since her last meal. So, I got her comfortable and continued doing what I had to do. I intentionally went on doing my things so that she would focus and not get distracted by me being there. Although I was doing my work, I was constantly checking on her. Finally at 10.30am today, she gave birth to her first puppy! It is a boy! and hour later she gave birth to another BOY. Both sable and white, sired by King.

I am exhausted while Daisy look her normal self, hahaha. I didnt get lunch till about 3pm. Now Diasy and the pups are resting.

Its really facinating to watch a sheltie grow. They are usually born quite dark, and as they grow they get lighter and then get darker again, although not all of them are like that. (sable and white shelties) In my next post, I will show you pictures of how they look like at certain age and how their coat colour change.

Here are some pictures of Daisy's babies born today. For now they only look like a wee mouse. I will post picture of them every couple of days.

I am really so tired and my back is killing me. I feel as though that it was me who has just given birth, hahaha.

Not long now before Blossom's turn.





Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer ?
 


He's my brother!
 

2 comments:

  1. omg wow!! they look adorable. how cute!!! congrates. cant wait to see them grow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Proud of you and Daisy! How I wish I am there to see them!

    ReplyDelete