Sunday 22 May 2011

Set Them Free!

Today we had late lunch. We went to a shop nearby and had our lunch there. After the meal, I realised that food for Mr Bird is running low and thought we should get more (if you dont know the story about Mr Bird, please click this link) http://caledonianshelties.blogspot.com/2011/05/meet-mr-bird.html


As we entered the shop, we saw birds, hamsters, rabbits all in tiny cages. I saw a rabbit eating news paper and another rabbit eating its own fur. It was such a sad thing to see. Even more with the birds. I really feel that we should not keep a bird in a cage or even keep birds as pets full stop. How would we feel if we were locked up in a room all our lives? How would a bird feel being in a cage all their life? At the shop we even saw a porcupine!!! I wish I could save them all.

So I bought the food for Mr Bird and was about to leave the shop.  Somehow, the birds in one cage caught my attention and it was as though they were saying SAVE US!

And so, I bought a pair, brought it home and SET them FREE! The minute I let them go, they flew away so quickly. It was a wonderful feeling to see them free and flying again.  I hope they do well and dont ever get caught by people who catch them and sell them to shops.

All birds should be free!



About to set them free, look at those pretty birds



Fly! You are Free.......


Fly away bird!


1 comment:

  1. I feel so touching reading this, I mean it!
    Happy for the free birds! Free forever!

    ReplyDelete