Tuesday 15 November 2011

Scotland

I was supposed to post some pictures of Scotland yesterday, but I was so busy and even busier with Cleo and Caesar staying with us for a while.  Anyway, I managed to get some pictures scanned and here they are.  I dont have many pictures, didnt have a great camera then, hahahha...but there are a lot of pictures 'stored' in my head and in my heart.  I love Scotland and its a very special place to me.  Perhaps I shall tell you about the time I went there.  Ok, I have always wanted go somewhere really nice and peaceful and cool and beautiful.  I think theres no better place than Scotland.  When I first decided to visit, there was no regrets.  I loved it.  I went to Scotland in 2005 and after my first visit, I was there almost every year and been there about 7 times in total.

The first time I went there, my friend, Chris was very kind to take me around.  We drove all the way up to highlands from Edinburgh. He took me to many places and I was so amazed with the beauty, I just couldnt be bothered with anything!  He once took me to the beach and it was so beautiful and the weather was so nice I sat there for about an hour just doing nothing and I came home with a tan after that! hahahah....when I went back to work everyone was surprised, because I went to Scotland and came back with a tan, hahaha.

I remember going to see the Rosslyn Chapel and we lived not very far away from it, about 5 mins walk.  I also went to the Roslin Glen Hotel for dinner and it was great.  After 10 days of relaxing in Scotland, it was time to go home, so I went home.

After that, I just couldnt stop thinking about Scotland.  3 months later, I was there again!!  I spent my birthday there.  This time, my friend Colin showed me around, and his parents invited me for dinner one day and so we went over.  His parents were the loveliest couple ever.  There were very nice and friendly.  It was also Christmas eve that night and everyone is having a drink.  I am not much of a drinker, so his father figured that I may like some Glayva, and so I said OK. I had a sip and it was nice and sweet so it was pretty easy to drink, after that I was offered more, and so I said OK, then after a while I started feeling a wee bit weird.  I felt something wasnt right and so I told Colin that I needed some fresh air, told him we need to go for a walk outside....He said WHAT??? In the middle of winter and you want to go for a walk?? hahaha, I said YES, so as I was putting my coat on to go out, suddently I collapsed! So he took me up to the room and put me on the bed, gave me some asprin and water.  And the next thing I knew was, I had slept for 3 hours with my coat still on, hahahahha, while everyone is having a party downstairs.  Colin woke me up, I really couldnt wake up but I had to force myself as there were friends waiting to meet me.  Gosh what a night, just thinking of it makes me blush and laugh! hahaha....We all had a great time, his friends we great and we were playing some kind of game, cant remember what now, all I know was that I was winning!!  It must be with the help of the Glayva, hahahahha...

It was time to go home again after that and Scotland was always on my mind and so as you can imagine I kept going back.  I also stayed there for a while after quitting my job here.

My only regret was, I wish I had taken more pictures and wish I had a better camera then.  But the memories in my heart and in my head, I will never forget and those beautiful sceneries, all in my head, it feels like it was only yesterday that I was there.

I have a good camera now though, hahaha, it means time to go to Scotland again??  I wish...

I never liked the hot humid weather here, and in Scotland, it was like being in heaven.  But it was not until I lived there for awhile and it was cold all the time,  for the first time in my life, I started appreciating the sun,  when its nice and sunny there, I once caught myself standing by the window and actually enjoying the sun.  But I dont mind the cold at all.  Dont really like the wet but hot and humid, is just not for me, hahaha....

Ok, enough of that and I hope I didnt bore you with my silly story and here are some pictures, taken a long long time ago and oh yes also a picture of my first ever sheltie, Alison with me when I was about 12 (no laughing at my hair style ok?) hahaha....

A cute wee buidling next to the Rosslyn Chapel
Me walking out of the forest

Look at the different lovely colours!
Ahhh.....just lovely

My friend Colin feeling like a hero

Colin with the sheeps, hehehe


Me when I was about 12 with my beloved sheltie, Alison, no laughing at my hairstyle and eyebrows ok!! haha..


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely place! Yes it means you should visit there again with your new camera. :P

    Finally saw Alison, she is adorable. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures I have is not much, I wish I had more lovely pictures. Yes I shall go to Scotland again soon and this time WITH my camera hahahaha....Yes Alison was a great friend, I grew up with her. I will never forget her.

    ReplyDelete