Thursday 26 July 2012

An Interesting Day!

This morning, I woke up at my usual time, fed the dogs, let them out then did my daily routine. Once I was done, I realised I had some free time and so I decided to go to the vet and get some dog food.

At the vet, there is this dachshund, a really sweet boy.  He is there because, his owner fell and hurt herself and cant care for him at the moment till she is well again.

Everytime I go there, I would go over to his kennel, to pat his head and talk to him for a wee while.  That poor thing must surely miss his owner and his home, so I try to make his life a little better by spending some time with him.

Then there is this cat, her name is Meow! hahaha...she is a real sweet cat....she is super friendly and is very dog-like.  She gave birth to 6 kittens today and I was there to see it all happen...Ive never seen a new born kitten before...They are so tiny and their face is so cute!  Like mini tigers...I helped the cat with her kittens...Dry and clean them up and put them in a warm place.  Kittens at this age are super sensitive. Newborn kittens are unable to regulate their body temperature & rely on mum to keep warm. The kitten's environment must be kept at a constant temperature to avoid either hypothermia or hyperthermia.

I was amazed to see the newborn kittens, they were so so tiny, half the size of a new born sheltie....

Once I got them all cleaned, they were placed in a comfortable box, where mum can walk in and out easily at the same time, the kitten stays warm and comfy inside.

I will take some pictures of them when they are older.

Its so hard to tell if they are male or female, its easier with puppies...

Ok, am off to feed the dogs and play with them in the garden.  Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment