Tuesday 22 May 2012

Happiness!

Today, we went to get the rescued sheltie from the vet.  She was fit enough to go home and didnt need to be at the vet any longer.  Her new owners will come and get her in June, but from now till then, I wanted her to have a life at home.  She has been in a cage all her life and its time for her to have freedom.  This poor soul was rescued from the mill.  I was browsing the net and came across a sheltie for sale advert, (a month and a half ago) it was too cheap to be true, and so I knew she was no longer "useful" and they wanted to get rid of her.  I didnt know what she look like or what kind of a condition she would be in but I wanted to get her anyway.  From the price I knew she would be in bad shape.  True enough when she arrived at the vet, I cried looking at her poor state, she had maggots in her ears, had pneumonia, she was severely malnourished and couldnt even stand properly, she was so weak.  I could see her ribs.  I was determined to get her well and give her the life she deserves.  I told my vet to do everything he can for her.  My vet said if she had not been brought in to be treated, she would have died in a week.

In the begining, she was afraid of humans, she look like she has given up on people and on her own life.  She was just waiting to die.  I couldnt imagine how could someone do this to a dog or any animal for that matter.  I visited her regularly, talked to her and try to gain some trust.  At first she didnt even want to eat, a few days later, after being treated, she started eating and she put on weight.  She was treated and she recovered and then she had sparkles in her eyes.  Whenever I visted her she would come forward towards me.  I was so happy when I saw that.

After being at the vet for more than a month, she is finally out from a cage and can walk on land and get what she deserves.  I would have loved to have her in my home but I just couldnt at this moment and my friend who arent very far away from me agreed to foster her till her owners come to get her.  I am very grateful......

After we took her from the vet, we sent her to our favourite groomer and she got a bath and was groomed nicely while we have our lunch.  Then we picked her up from the groomers and went straight to my friend's home.  When we arrived, all she did was check out the garden, every inch of it.  Her tail used to be in between her legs always, but today, it was not, I was so happy to see her walking around the garden.  Then my friend let her dog out of the house to join this girl (temporarily called Dandelion) hahaha, it was my friend who called her that.  My friend's sheltie, Frolly, she is Blossom's girl.  My friend also have another sheltie boy, but he went to the vet today to get neutered, so he is not in the pic.

I was so happy to see Dande and Frolly playing.  I could see Dande was so happy, finally......I am really happy for her and I am glad god "brought" me to her that day.

I took some pictures of her and Frolly today.  Look how happy she is and how far she has come.  Dande's coat will grow in no time.  She is such a sweet girl, she was SO well behaved in the car.  What a wonderful day I have had!

Frolly's Garden

Dande's "New" Home

Dande, in the car, such a well behaved doggie.

Dande checking out the garden


Frolly (left) meeting Dande for the first time

Frolly giving Dande a kiss

Frolly checking Dande's ID hahaha

Frolly and Dande playing together

Look at her tail, she seem so happy to be free....FINALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment