Wednesday 5 October 2011

Animal Abuse.

We hear and read so much about animal abuse nowadays.  Even worst, they record their doings and even laugh about it and some mostly done by teenagers.  Whats happening to our teenagers these days?  Where is the love for animals or any living being.  I remember, as a child,  I have always loved and cared for animals.  Be it a chic, bird, rabbit or anything.  I always felt that I should protect them, feed them, shelter them and keep them safe.  Whenever I see a kitten or a puppy,  I light up like a light bulb with so much excitement and happiness inside that all I want to do is take them home and care for them and keep them safe.  I cannot even imagine being unkind to them as they bring me so much joy and happiness just looking after them.

I have cared and raised bird that fell from their nest and there was no way to put them back.  They had no feathers and I raised them till they could fly and set them free.  I have brought home kittens and puppies and kept some and tried to find homes for the rest when I was only a kid.  I couldnt sleep or could rest if I didnt do anything about it.  I often get scolding from my mother but that never stopped me from doing what I did.  I remember we had lots of stray cats behind our house and mum was preparing dinner.  We had fish, vegetables and rice.  I remember putting my fish aside and finished the rice and vegetable that I had on my plate, sneeked to the back and fed the cats my share of the fish. hahahahaha.  Thats how much I think of them.

I dont have kids but I always make sure that my nephew and nieces are taught from a very young age about respecting animals and instilling love and compassion towards animals.  And I am very proud of them now.  They do have love and respect for animals.. There was once, my nephew came over for a barbie and I said lets go fish nearby, after getting a wee fish, we were both so happy and excited and I told him he could take it home and keep it in his aquarium.  He said YES instantly and a second later he paused and said "no, we shall release him, I saw his papa in the water and he will miss his baby".  I wanted to laugh but I didnt and was so proud of him that he could think this way and he is only 5.

We also hear alot about how rules should be ammended to 'deter' people from abusing an animal but I think the only way is educating.  Harsh punishment will not stop people from abusing animals but I believe educating will especially children.  I wish they had a daily 10minute session in school that will do just that.  By all means get those guilty of animal abuse punished but educating the kids is very important too.

I have always dreamt of helping strays on a big scale.  I hope and wish that dream will happen and will come true.  I also want to have something similar to The Soup Kitchen set up for needy and homeless people to get a decent meal and also shelter them.  I watched the movie - The Persuit of Happyness and it made me realise what a homeless person's challenges are and its no fun and its very sad, it made me cry thats why I want to help such people to lift them up so they can stand on their own two feet again.

My dreams for the animal would be to have acres and acres of land where they live happily and roam free and have shelter and are cared for and never have to worry when would their next meal be.

No comments:

Post a Comment