Saturday 1 February 2014

Oh Dear, ANOTHER BIRD!

Over the past few years, my family would somehow find a bird that is injured or fallen from its nest but wont be able to care for it, so they know I would not say no, so here I am with yet ANOTHER bird.

They called me last night to say they found a bird near their car and the bird was covered with red ants.  At first they thought it was dead but realised it was still alive.  So they wrapped it up and brought it over to me.  I think it got injured or it fell from its nest.  The bird looked quite bad when it arrived.  It could not even sit up and I thought it was going to die.  I fed it and gave it some water and kept it in a warm place.  The next morning it was sitting up and looking much better!  I was so happy to see that.  Its not easy caring for a baby bird.  Feeding it is a real challenge but I know how to do it so its ok.

Now I need to get it strong and healthy and when it is ready to fly I will set it free.
Here is the bird, its a myna and looking a lot better from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment