Saturday 23 November 2013

Updates...

Good morning....it has been a crazy week...here - some quick updates...the little kitty we found in the market has grown and is doing well....he is a sweet playful boy and he get along fine with the doggies....I sprained my leg too this week...bone was out of place but swelling is down now and suffer only a very slight pain now...

The little stray pup has gone to heaven...she had picked something up before we took her...I sprained my leg because I was rushing to take her to the vet when she didn't want to eat. I did everything I could and was with her the whole time...it was really heartbreaking to see her go.

I remember I said I will post some educational post...ok I would like to talk about ticks. I thought most people will know about prevention by now but there are some who are still quite ignorant about this matter...

Ticks are one of the worst thing to have in a home..they multiply by the thousands and imagine that thousands multiplying!!! What do you get? Yes your worst night mare...once your home is infested with ticks it will take a while to get rid of it...they thrive in our hot and humid weather...so the next time you feel that there's NO ticks in your home and your dog is clean and won't get ticks and you think you can save money by not giving it tick prevention....THINK AGAIN! Most people learn it the hard way...

It is very important to use tick prevention...some people love to say 'my dog don't go out so it won't get ticks'.  Well it just takes one stray to come by your house, drop a few ticks and  TADA you have a few thousand in no time.

Some people also think that ticks are no big deal, probably just makes the dog itch... Ticks can cause tick fever! It is deadly and will kill your dog. Usually when a dog has tick fever, it will show you symptoms when it's about just to late.

I also hear a lot of this....' I don't like the idea of putting chemical ( tick prevention) on my dogs...hmm...would you rather it die from tick fever?

Some love getting a bit of info from net and think they know it all...talk to your vet and trust your vet...sometimes trying to be 'too smart' will only get u in trouble, so do yourself and your dog a favour, please use tick prevention.

No comments:

Post a Comment