Sunday 10 November 2013

Look at what we found!

On thursday, I went to the market ...I tried to be as quick as possible because it was going to rain.  As I was walking up the stairs, on a busy walk way I saw this tiny little kitten lying there.  I felt it was a bit weird because they would usually find a corner to sleep and not in the middle of a busy walk way.  I went on doing my things and when I was about to leave, it was still there.  I went to look for a tiny box and pick the poor kitten up.  It was a bit weak and didnt react much.  I then took it to my vet.  This kitty had a lot of fleas and was scratching a lot.  He was treated, got rid of its fleas, dewormed and was given a vitamin shot to help.  The vet told me he is about 5 weeks old. 

I tried asking around if anyone wants it and my vet helped too but no body wants it and I cant keep it at the vet.  So, he came home with me on Friday... I was worried about how he would react with my dogs and how my dogs would with him...I was a bit stressed just thinking about it but everything went well....

When the kitty came home I seperated him from the dogs to get them acquainted. I was supervising when they are together to avoid anything bad from happening....At first the dogs were a bit confused...they thought it was a pup....


Look at Honey Bun..so curious about the little kitty..


And you thought a cat was enough?  Then this little girl came!  Full of fleas...her tongue was pale from all that flea bite...she was brought to the vet, got rid of the fleas, dewormed and was given vitamin shots to help and she was home with us.

This little cutie looks like a pug..haha well sort of

Its been two days now and guess what?  The dogs dont mind them and the little pup and the kitty are best of pals!  They would play with each other and sleep next to each other!  They are so adorable.  I tried taking a picture of them sleeping next to each other but didnt manage one.

I can see the kitty and the little pup are both very happy and quite at home...I am sure they were quite miserable with all that fleas on them.  I had some biting me when I was holding them when they were found and that was only a few bite and it was already driving me insane...Imagine what they must be feeling with thousands of fleas biting them.

I have never had a cat before, but I do know how to care for them now and what they like.
Oh I forgot to say, the little pup must be about 3 and half weeks old.

Today I saw the little kitty playing with Honey Bun's tail as if it was a toy! Hahaha...it was so funny.  Watching the little pup and kitty play as if they were siblings is truly wonderful.

Here are more pictures of them taken when they came back with me on friday.  Usually puppies this age would whine if alone but she has this kitty and all the other shelties, so she is happy.

Checking out the garden

His eyes were almost closed...Trying to get 40 winks?






No comments:

Post a Comment