Thursday 3 January 2013

My Birthday Present

Wow, yesterday was one of my most exhausting birthday ever...hahaha...Aimee gave birth to 7 pups. Two boys and 5 girls. What a wonderful present!

Yesterday, in the morning, when I fed Aimee, she only took half of her food, and so I knew something is going to happen...In the evening she took half again.  Then by 9.30pm she became restless. I knew it was time...but had a few hours yet before the baby comes out so I thought just relax and watch The Dog Whisperer while waiting for her first pup to come out.

Her first pup was born at 11pm and the last was at 3am!  By the time I cleaned her up, and fed the pups and cleaned the house, it was already 4.30am.  I only had 3 hours of sleep and then woke up at 7.30am and do the routine as usual.  Manage to get some lunch and a quick grocery shopping done and now have a few minutes to update the blog.

I took some pictures of them today.  They were about 12 hours old.  Here are their pictures.  Stay tuned and watch them grow.  In the past my biggest litter was 6. Wow, now I will have 7 little rascals running around soon, hahaha....Enjoy the pictures and I will update from time to time.  I will need to take Aimee to the vet tomorrow for the standard after birth check up....The pups dont have dew claws, so thats fantastic and I dont have to take them to the vet tomorrow.  Have a wonderful day!  Am off to get some sleep, if I can!









3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love their little pink nosies!
    Will they be for sale in the papers? We sometimes see shelties in the P&J.
    From
    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa! yup, cute pink nose :) What is the P&J? Dont quite understand your question about papers, do you mean if I advertise them for sale in the news papers? I usually dont :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete