Monday 6 January 2014

A Fun Day at the Shelter for Children

At Christmas, my cousins and I had a wee party for the kids at the shelter.  We had planned earlier that we would all get together at Christmas and then we all thought why not get together and be with the kids at the shelter too!  We brought them home cooked food, cakes and some presents.  We had a great time with the kids and it was fun with games and all.  Just talking to them was fun.  I brought Baby with me and everyone loved her...they were so sweet and gentle towards her.  When it was time for us to leave, one of the girls asked if I could come over again with the dog....and I didnt want to let them down and so I promised I will come back.

They also have a dog there but it belongs to someone else.  They kept it there for the kids.  They were complaining about the dog and how its fur isnt smooth and it is matted. So, I told them that they should brush the dog....they said WE DONT KNOW HOW...so ok my next trip will be about grooming.

So yesterday, it was time to visit them again as promised.  This time I took Honey Bun with me...they all love her to bits too...So, they all gathered around me and I showed them how to brush and comb a dog.  First on Honey Bun and then on their doggie.  I also gave them a brush so they could comb their doggie.

I feel it is very important for kids to be around animals.  It makes them better human beings and they grow up to be more compassionate... 

After the fun we had, they made me promise to come back again!!! hahaha...they want to know more about dogs and the different breeds....So, I have to plan my next trip there again...I really dont mind...they are a lot of fun to be with.

Here are some pictures taken yesterday...





No comments:

Post a Comment